Porcelain Veneers – Buzzards Bay, MA
Disguise Your Smile’s Flaws
At Canal Side Family Dental, we place a heavy emphasis on helping our patients improve and maintain their oral health. However, we also recognize the role teeth can play in our patients’ emotional well-being. Attractive teeth can bolster a person’s confidence and make others perceive them as being younger and more successful. That is why we are proud to serve as a cosmetic dentist in Buzzards Bay. One of the most transformative cosmetic treatments that we offer is porcelain veneers.
Why Choose Canal Side for Porcelain Veneers?
- 1 Experienced team of dentists
- 2 Treatments custom-designed for each patient
- 3 Convenient appointment times
What Are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are thin, custom-cut pieces of porcelain that we permanently attach to the fronts of our patients’ teeth. The veneers are able to disguise a broad range of imperfections, including:
- Minor dental misalignment
- Cracks and chips
- Teeth that appear too small
- Asymmetrical teeth
Some patients opt for just a few veneers to cover their most troublesome teeth, while others opt for a full set of 4 – 8 veneers to achieve a total smile transformation.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
Some of the most outstanding benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Veneers may last for a decade or longer before replacement becomes necessary.
- Easy maintenance. Caring for veneers is simple and does not require patients to make any time-consuming changes to their daily oral hygiene routine.
- Natural appearance. Porcelain bears a close resemblance to natural tooth enamel. It even reflects light in a similar way. Your dentist will shade match the porcelain to the surrounding dentition so it blends in seamlessly.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain is nonporous, which means that things like coffee and red wine will not soak into it and cause discoloration. You can expect your veneers to maintain their original luster for a long time.
- No cavities. Of course, you will still need to care for the teeth beneath the veneers. However, the veneers themselves will not deteriorate as they are exposed to all of your favorite foods and drinks.
The Porcelain Veneers Treatment Process
If you are interested in receiving porcelain veneers, contact us to schedule a cosmetic consultation. We will evaluate your oral health, help you compare your treatment options for improving your teeth’s appearance, and design a custom plan to help you reach your goals.
If we determine that porcelain veneers are a fit for you, we will prepare your teeth by removing a sliver of enamel from them. This step is necessary to ensure that your veneers will not make your teeth look bulky or unnatural. Then, we will take some images and impressions of your teeth. A dental laboratory will use those images, along with detailed notes from our team, to design your custom veneers.
You will wear temporary veneers for a brief period while the laboratory creates your permanent ones. When they are ready, you will return to our office. After we verify that the veneers are an ideal fit for you, we will attach them to your teeth.