Veneers – Buzzards Bay, MA
Disguise Your Smile’s Flaws
At Canal Side Family Dental, we place a heavy emphasis on helping our patients improve and maintain their oral health. However, we also recognize the role that teeth can play in our patients’ emotional well-being. Attractive teeth can bolster a person’s confidence and make others perceive them as being younger and more successful. That is why we are proud to serve as a cosmetic dentist in Buzzards Bay. One of the most transformative cosmetic treatments that we offer is veneers.
Why Choose Canal Side Family Dental for Veneers?
- Experienced Team of Dentists
- Treatments Custom-Designed for Each Patient
- Convenient Appointment Times
What Are Dental Veneers?
Veneers in Buzzards Bay are thin, custom-cut pieces of porcelain or ceramic that we permanently attach to the fronts of our patients’ teeth. The veneers are able to disguise a broad range of imperfections, including:
- Minor dental misalignment
- Cracks and chips
- Teeth that appear too small
- Asymmetrical teeth
- And more!
Veneers are an extremely durable cosmetic solution that has the potential to last for 15 – 20 year or longer (many cosmetic treatments last just a few years). They are stain-resistant, incredibly natural-looking, and customized to meet each patient’s preferences and desires.
The Process of Getting Veneers
If you are interested in receiving veneers, contact us to schedule a cosmetic consultation. We will evaluate your oral health, help you compare your treatment options for improving your teeth’s appearance, and design a custom plan to help you reach your goals. If you have specific goals in mind for your smile — for example, if you want your teeth to be a particular shape or color — be sure to let us know.
If we determine that veneers are a fit for you, we will prepare your teeth by removing a sliver of enamel from them. This step is necessary to ensure that your veneers will not make your teeth look bulky or unnatural. Then, we will take some images and impressions of your teeth. A dental laboratory will use that information, along with detailed notes from our team, to create your custom veneers.
You will wear temporary veneers for a brief period while the laboratory fabricates your permanent ones. When they are ready, you will return to our office. After we verify that the veneers are an ideal fit for you, we will attach them to your teeth.
The Benefits of Veneers
Some of the most outstanding benefits of veneers include:
- Longevity. Veneers may last for a decade or longer before replacement becomes necessary.
- Easy maintenance. Caring for veneers is simple and does not require patients to make any time-consuming changes to their daily oral hygiene routine.
- Natural appearance. Porcelain bears a close resemblance to natural tooth enamel. It even reflects light in a similar way. Your dentist will shade match the porcelain to the surrounding dentition so it blends in seamlessly.
- Stain resistance. Porcelain is nonporous, which means that things like coffee and red wine will not soak into it and cause discoloration. You can expect your veneers to maintain their original luster for a long time.
- No cavities. Of course, you will still need to care for the teeth beneath the veneers. However, the veneers themselves will not deteriorate as they are exposed to all of your favorite foods and drinks.
Understanding the Cost of Veneers
The cost of veneers is higher than that of many other cosmetic treatments. However, they can be viewed as a wise investment due to their longevity, beautiful appearance, and other benefits. Of course, they are not ideal for everyone. During your consultation, we will help you compare the pros, cons, and prices of all you cosmetic dentistry options.
Cost vs. Cosmetic Dentistry: Which Treatment Should I Choose?
Veneers are just one cosmetic dentistry option. During your consultation, our team can help you identify the service that is right for your circumstances and goals.
Here is an overview of some popular procedures, along with generalized pricing information:
- Braces and Invisalign are wonderful options if your dental misalignment is threatening your oral health. However, if you want to straighten your teeth for purely aesthetic reasons, you could end up spending several thousand dollars — and waiting for several months or longer—to achieve results. Plus, orthodontic treatments only change the positioning of teeth, not their color, size, or shape.
- Teeth whitening. Professional whitening treatments can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to a thousand dollars or more. The results are temporary, with the potential to last for a few months or up to several years.
- Metal-free restorations. Porcelain crowns, tooth-colored fillings, and similar restorations allow you to repair damaged teeth without adversely affecting your smile’s appearance. Their price varies depending on the type of restoration needed and the materials used for it.
- Dental bonding. Also known as direct bonding or cosmetic bonding, this procedure is fast and affordable. At first, it looks similar to veneers. However, it may last for just 3 – 5 years before replacement becomes necessary.
- A full set of veneers may cost several thousand dollars or more. However, they are an excellent value because they can correct a wide range of aesthetic flaws, including discoloration, chips, minor misalignment, and more. Plus, they have the potential to endure for 10 – 15 years or longer.
How to Make Veneers Affordable
Veneers are not usually covered by insurance because they are classified as a purely cosmetic, elective procedure. However, that does not mean you are without help when it comes to affording them. Here are a few useful provisions that you might be able to take advantage of:
- CareCredit is a third-party financier that provides low-interest payment plans for dental services, including cosmetic procedures. The application process is fast, and you may be able to choose a monthly payment amount that fits your budget.
- Essential Dental Plan. This membership plan provides discounts on virtually all of the services available in our practice.
- Treatment adjustments. If you cannot afford the number of veneers you initially desire, you may be able to start out with smaller alterations to your smile. Later, we can continue helping you achieve your ideal look.
Are you ready to learn more about veneers and their cost? Schedule a consultation with our knowledgeable team today.
Veneers in Buzzards Bay have the potential to powerfully transform your smile. However, they represent a big investment of money, so it is understandable if you want to gather as much information as possible before you schedule your consultation. To help you out, we have compiled a list of answers to some of the most commonly asked questions about this treatment. If you want further explanation on anything you discover here, please give us a call.
Are Veneers Permanent?
A set of veneers may last for 10 – 15 years or longer. However, even though veneers eventually wear out, they are considered to be a permanent treatment. This is because while preparing your teeth for veneers, your cosmetic dentist in Buzzards Bay must remove a bit of enamel. The enamel will not grow back on its own. Without it, your teeth may be extra-sensitive, and their appearance may be affected as well. They will always need veneers or another type of restoration to protect them.
Do not let the permanent nature of veneers cause you to shy away from them. The vast majority of patients who commit to them are happy with their decision.
Is There Anything I Cannot Eat with Veneers?
As part of your treatment process, you will have to wear temporary veneers for a while. Since temporary veneers are vulnerable to stains and breakage, you will need to take some precautions with them. For example, it would be wise to stay away from hard and sticky foods, as well as anything that is highly pigmented.
Once your permanent veneers are in place, you can eat virtually anything. However, you should continue to be cautious with hard foods. It would also be wise to drink dark beverages through a straw to minimize their staining potential.
Can Veneers Be Used for Bite Corrections?
Veneers do not move the teeth, so they cannot correct your bite. If your teeth or bite are significantly misaligned, you should undergo orthodontic treatment before you move forward with veneers. Our team would be happy to help you with that. However, if your bite problem is minor, veneers might be able to hide it. For example, they can make your teeth appear longer, thereby disguising an open bite.
Can You Whiten Veneers?
Veneers do not respond to regular whitening methods, such as special toothpastes, mouth rinses, and even in-office professional whitening procedures. If you use such products while you have veneers, your natural teeth may become brighter while your veneers retain their appearance, resulting in a mismatched smile. If you are interested in teeth whitening, you should get it done before you receive veneers.
If your veneers have become discolored, ask our team about possible solutions. You may need to get them polished, shaded, or replaced. Do not use any abrasive products to try to clean and brighten them; you could end up scratching them, thereby further worsening their appearance.