Gum Recontouring – Buzzards Bay, MA
Say Goodbye to Your “Gummy” Smile
Many people become so focused on the way their teeth look that they do not give any consideration to another factor that is affecting their smile’s appearance — their gums. Excess or uneven gum tissue can make teeth appear short or stubby, resulting in what is often referred to as a “gummy” smile. If you are plagued by such an issue, we invite you to visit us to discuss gum recontouring. This minimally invasive cosmetic procedure could help you achieve your dream look.
Why Choose Canal Side Dental for Gum Recontouring?
- 1 Soft Tissue Laser Provides Precise Treatment
- 2 Gentle, Attentive, and Knowledgeable Dental Team
- 3 Permanent Results
Good Candidates for Gum Recontouring
You may be a good candidate for gum recontouring if:
- Your gummy smile is caused by excess gum tissue. Other reasons for a gummy smile, such as an upper lip that rises too far when it contracts, are best treated by other means.
- Your gum tissue makes it impossible for you to receive certain restorative or cosmetic treatments. For example, an overgrowth of gum tissue can interfere with the placement of porcelain veneers or crowns.
- You are in fair oral health. Before performing gum recontouring, your dentist will make sure that your teeth and gums are healthy enough for the procedure.
How Gum Recontouring Works
During the procedure, we will first make sure you are comfortable. Then, your dentist will use a soft tissue laser to gently trim away excess gum tissue. The laser is extremely precise. Wielded by the steady hand of a skilled dentist, it can provide outstanding results.
After your procedure, you might experience some mild soreness. You can promote healing of your gum tissue by eating soft foods and being gentle when you brush and floss. Most patients do not need to take any time off of work to recover.
Benefits of Gum Recontouring
Benefits of gum recontouring include:
- The soft tissue laser contributes to an easy recovery. The laser cauterizes as it moves, thus minimizing bleeding and greatly reducing the risk of infection. It makes the procedure much more comfortable than it would be if it were performed with a traditional scalpel.
- The results are natural-looking. Onlookers will notice that your smile looks beautiful, but they will not be able to tell that you have undergone gum recontouring.
- The results are permanent. You will not have to worry about your gum tissue growing back to once again interfere with your smile’s aesthetics.
Understanding the Cost of Gum Recontouring
The cost of your gum recontouring will depend on a few factors, including the extent of your procedure. Insurance does not usually cover this treatment because it is often elective in nature. However, you may be eligible for low-interest financing if you would like to break up the cost of your gum recontouring into monthly installments. Our team will give you a candid estimate for the cost of your procedure and help you explore your financial options.